Why the Church?
23Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 24And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
1. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess.
- What does it mean for you to hold on unswervingly?
- What is the hope?
2. For he who promised is faithful.
- How have you seen God’s faithfulness?
- How have others seen and/or recorded God’s faithfulness?
3. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.
- Others need us and we need others…..to remind us of the direction God has for us.
4. Not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing
- Corporate worship isn’t an activity we attend, it’s the place where the family gathers and is sent back out, where we celebrate around the table of forgiveness and the waters of baptism, where we share in living out God’s Word.
5. But encouraging one another—
- We aren’t asked to be disciples alone….we need each other.
6. And all the more as you see the Day approaching.
- There is more to come…..let’s prepare together.
Debbie Reese is Co-Directing Pastor of Calvary UMC