Psalm 22:24; Romans 8:14-19
24For he has not despised or scorned the suffering of the afflicted one; he has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help.
14For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. 15The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship.#15 The Greek word for adoption to sonship is a term referring to the full legal standing of an adopted male heir in Roman culture; also in verse 23. And by him we cry, “Abba,#15 Aramaic for fatherFather.” 16The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.
18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. 19For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed.
- So, what comes out of you when you are under pressure?
- How have you experienced the blending of sinfulness and woundedness?
- How can you pray for the one(s) in your life that seem to hurt you the most?
- Are you asking for something (i.e. respect, love, approval, forgiveness) from someone who does not have it to give? How will you let that go?
- Carrying pain, unforgiveness, bitterness, resentment etc. is exhausting. What is holding you back from taking it all to the cross?
- What makes your heart ache? Who do you suffer with? What will you do about that?