Does This Surprise You?
12When Peter saw this, he said to them: “Fellow Israelites, why does this surprise you? Why do you stare at us as if by our own power or godliness we had made this man walk? 13The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus. You handed him over to be killed, and you disowned him before Pilate, though he had decided to let him go. 14You disowned the Holy and Righteous One and asked that a murderer be released to you. 15You killed the author of life, but God raised him from the dead. We are witnesses of this. 16By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus’ name and the faith that comes through him that has completely healed him, as you can all see.
17“Now, fellow Israelites, I know that you acted in ignorance, as did your leaders. 18But this is how God fulfilled what he had foretold through all the prophets, saying that his Messiah would suffer. 19Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, 20and that he may send the Messiah, who has been appointed for you—even Jesus.
- How has the Resurrection of Jesus made a difference in the world?
- The lame man at the gate wanted money, but God gave him healing.
- How has the church historically made a difference in the world?
- How have Christians historically made a difference in the world?
- How is Calvary making a difference right now?
- How are we as Christians today making a difference right now?
- Are you surprised when Jesus works through you or through someone else? Why or why not?
Debbie Reese is Co-Directing Pastor of Calvary UMC